27 June 2009

OGTT - Borderlined!!

Arrived at the clinic about 8:15am.
It was a tiring morning; 3 blood tests taken, once every hourly.

The 'sugar' water wasn't that difficult to consume.
The blood withdrawal wasn't that painful; I was never afraid of injection nor the sight of blood.
It was just the waiting time.

Finally, i ended the test at about 11:30am.
Headed to TLC to register for gynae appointment and headed straight to the cafe for my late breakfast; Alexis must be so hungry!!!

Went back to the clinic and Aaron 'raced' over from soccer; daddy simply cannot miss just that glimpse of Alexis :)

Dr. Eunice informed that I was on borderline-case.
I gotta take extra care in my diet; cut down on carbohydrates: rice, noodles, white bread, cakes. Sugar content: sweet beverages, drinks a No-No etc..

Other than all the waiting, we are happy to 'see' Alexis. She must be a shy girl; was still kicking around before I enter Dr's room, remain so 'good' when Dr. scanned her. Or she doesn't like crowd, like mummy? =p

No comments: